Were trying to save some money recently, so were cooking a bit more at home. We love eating Japanese soba, but its about $15 for a small bowl at restaurants. A small bowl couldn't even act as a mini snack for L, so we decided to make our own! It wasn't hard to make and took about 15-20 minutes. Total cost $15 but we have TONS left over for the next couple meals.
Soba (we bought a big back at Superstore for $5)
Green onions, 5-6
Soba Sauce (we bought super concentrated 1.3L from T&T)
1. Boil soba (400g) for about 5-6 minutes or until soft
2. Finely chop green onions, approx 1 small bowl
3. Finely cut seaweed, I find using scissors was the best
4. Drain noodles into colander
5. Rinse noodles with cold water until water runs clear
6. Let noodles drain
7. Add 1:1 concentrated soba sauce with cold water
8. Combine all ingredients together and enjoy!
We also pan seared some shrimp for some meat! You can use any meat you like!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!