Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tomato Bruschetta

So after a trip to Italy, I was inspired to make my own tomato bruschetta. It looked relatively straight forward and after Google-ing some recipes online, I created my own (as I didn't have any basil at home).


Here is what I used: 
Makes 2 pieces
1 hot house tomato
Small piece of garlic (minced/mashed)
Fresh or dried parsley and thyme (as much as you desire)
2 pieces of light rye
Salt
Olive Oil
Butter

How to make it: 
1. Chop your tomato into small pieces
2. Using a garlic press, mash up your garlic
3. Combine tomatoes, garlic, parsley and thyme together
4. Add a sprinkle of salt
5. Toast your two pieces of rye
6. Lightly butter
7. Spoon tomato mixture on bread
8. Drizzle small amount of olive oil over toast
9. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Gosh this looks yummy! I'm gonna have to try this! :) x

    http://the-ravi-osahn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete