Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You really can't judge a book by its cover

I am 3 days away from being done school forever!!! (hopefully... unless i plan on doing another degree or doing my masters?). I have been at a clinic at the Childrens Hospital for the past 3 months and it has been an amazing experience. I remember the first week I was there, I saw this MD who was tall, wore glasses, was kind of chubby, didnt smile, didnt say thank you, didnt look nice at all, and kind of intimadating. I always wondered if kids were afraid of him? and whenever he talked about scientific things I would always be like "HUH???" but as time passed and I worked with him in the clinic more he sort of became a difference person. I found out a little bit more about this tall, chubby man who didnt smile or say thank you. He began to smile (and even laugh at times) and he didnt seem so intimidating. I found out he loved ginger bread cookies as he would buy a bag everyday from the store downstairs. He was the one who has been offering me many gingerbread cookies the past couple weeks as the holidays inch closer to us. I was pretty shocked the first time he offered me one? I didnt know he knew I existed, nor did I think he would share :P! haha I guess it just shows that you really can't judge a book by its cover. I found out this man is a brillent MD and scientist who does smile and say thank you! Haha so over the weekend, I decided make my own gingerbread men for him. So this morning when I got to work, I was a little disappointed he didnt have a clinic today and wasnt going to be around :(.... but when it was almost time for me to go home, he all the sudden appears so I grabbed him and dragged him to my bag of gingerbread men! haha he musta thought i was really weird! But he looked amused and followed me and found out there was a bag of his favorite cookies waiting for him! He said they tasted good (which im sure they didnt compared to the store bought ones but oh well hes just being nice) and thanked me. It felt nice to do something nice back. Keeps me in the holiday spirit! This man just showed me that you cant judge a book by its cover (or a person just by taking one look at them).  

1 comment:

  1. aww cute story. You really can't judge a book by its cover or in this case, first impressions of someone. I'm sure he enjoyed the nice cookies you baked for him.

    ReplyDelete