Monday, April 18, 2011

Homemade sushi

I had a crazy idea the other night to try making sushi for the first time at like 11pm at night. We had no idea how to even beginning, but the results ended up pretty good! 
Ingredients we used: 
Salmon 
Shrimp
Eggs for tamago
Mirin for tamago
Cucumbers 
Avocado
Capelin roe
Wasabi 
Soy Sauce
Japanese Rice 


We made 2 different rolls, as well as, Salmon, Tamago and Masago sushi. We didn't get diarrhea after so I count that as a success :D! 


Making a Outside Roll with shrimp, salmon, cucumber, avocado and tamago 

Finished House Special Roll



Masago Sushi beside House Special Roll

Tamago Sushi 

Not to toot my horn or anything, haha, but I think our final product tasted like the average rolls Japanese Restaurants in my city serve. 

3 comments:

  1. That looks really good!! you made it so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks DELISH. My bf and I are actually planning to make sushi for the first time tomorrow! Any tips??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sushi looks so delicious and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete