Sunday, February 6, 2011

Seaweed Soup

When I came back from hk, my grandma gave me a bunch of homemade seaweed with no salt, no flavor, no additives. She told me to go home and make soup with it! At first I was a little skeptical as I was imagining pretty fishy soup! However, when I came home, I tried it out myself and it was DELICIOUS! I make this soup 3-4 times a week now because I just love it that much and its soo healthy for you! I think I even dropped a pound or two drinking this stuff!



Serves 2 big bowls

Ingredients:

  • 2 big bowls of H2O
  • 1 cup of Chicken Broth
  • 1-1.5 tomatoes 
  • 1 onion 
  • 1 box of soft Tofu
  • green onions 
  • unflavored, unsalted seaweed (you can get this at asian/korean markets)
  • salt 
  • sesame oil 
  • Maggi 

How to: 
  1. Cut onions, tomatoes, tofu and green onions and set aside 
  2. Boil H2O
  3. Add onions and tomatoes to pot 
  4. Bring onions and tomatoes to a boil and turn off heat 
  5. Cover pot until onions and tomatoes soft - this prevents you from boiling all the soup away
  6. Once onions soft and sweet add 1 cup of chicken broth 
  7. Add unsalted seaweed 
  8. Add tofu and green onions
  9. Season with salt, sesame oil and Maggi 
  10. Now enjoy! 
Optional: You can even add some rice to the soup if its not filling enough for you, but I always find half way through I'm already full and Im a big eatter (I can eat 5 pieces of KFC in one sitting)! 

I found this to be a very healthy meal as it has lots of beauty agents - veggies and tofu and seaweed! 

Hope you like this recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment